Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quick Update

At my Dr. appointment today, I found out that I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced...so something is happening! I am not in a rush though I still feel so unprepared. I have definitely been in the nesting stage. I have washed all the walls, doors, and trim in my house, have been feverishly stocking up food and other necessities, and lying awake thinking of all the things I still need to do-like put the car seat in the car, just in case the baby comes today!

When I brought up all the baby bottles, car seat, bassinet, and baby swing yesterday and starting packing a few things for the hospital, Brinley started freaking out a little and wanted her old binky and bottle and wanted me to change her diaper and put her in the baby swing. I think the hospital bag pushed her over the edge because she thought I was leaving right then and she wanted to come with me! I just did my best to reassure her that I loved her and that she was my big girl and would be my helper with baby brother...I am not sure she's buying it :)
Brinley
has taken off in her potty training. I think she has finally made the connection and wants to move on from diapers. We are all still learning around here...she wants to get up in the middle of the night and at 5:30 AM to use the potty. Which I am glad she wakes up but that also means we have to get up and help her since every potty experience she wants someone (Mommy or Daddy) to "watch her go pee." I have already had my fill of public restrooms in the last 2 weeks and know it is just the beginning! Potty training is wearing me out!! But I am glad to be doing these first weeks before the baby comes and hopefully she doesn't totally regress after the baby. We are just hoping for the best!

No comments: